Learn how we got $1,000 in online retail sales for a client that sells custom Ankara backpacks!
Below, you’ll see a snap shot of her sales from the beginning of the year till February 18th when we started our Social Media Facebook Ads. You’ll see her page views where down, she made one sale from a direct reference provided by the seller.
Her social media engagement was poor and she wasn’t generating viral sales.
Here’s where we came in.
SALES FROM JANUARY 1-FEBRUARY 17
SALES FROM FEBRUARY 18-FEBRUARY 28
JUST ONE WEEK!
Below, you’ll see the sales from February 18th-28 where we generated $1,000 of sales from Facebook and Instagram. Yes, even Instagram! People are now able to shop, browse and check out form her Instagram page.
HOW'D WE DO IT?
- First things first we streamlined her website. The check out process was very cumbersome. There where too many pages to browse through which increased the bounce out rate on her site. It’s like going to a restaurant that is short handed on waiters and you’re given a huge menu with so many items that you just end up getting a drink and maybe an appetizer.
- Next, we made her Shopify page do some work. We added the following functions to her capture customers:
- Abandoned cart recapture emailing
- Headers with promo code countdowns
- Social Media interrogations to make it easier for a shopper to browse items
- Next, we doubled down on her social media to create buzz and piggy backed on current trending issues.
- After that, we created dynamic Facebook ads to split test what would work better for her desired audience. We were careful to target specific buying behaviors, style and interest behaviors, and location.
- During this time, our marketing manager was closely monitoring her social media engagement, what images where getting the best engagement and making sure her cpc was in accordance to her budget.
- Lastly, we made sure she had rock solid follow-up systems so we can retarget the buyers, get more demographic information to help us narrow down her ideal avatar and leave the buyer with an amazing buying experience!
WE STREAMLINED HER SITE
Below, you’ll see snap shots of her site and customer list of purchases.
What should be your take away from this?
- Always stay relevant and keep trying new marketing ideas.
- Keep up with current trends.
- Put yourself in the buyers shoes and keep things SIMPLE!
We consult and help many businesses (from e-commerce to service based sales) optimize their marketing efforts and see results!
If you’d like help reviewing your marketing efforts, give us a call today and we’d love to help you.